OSI Maritime designs and delivers Integrated Navigation and Tactical System’s (INTS), designed around the ECPINS® core software engine. Used in the maritime defence and security environments by 20 navies around the world, 7 of which exclusively operate OSI systems, Fleet Wide. OSI has a strong market presence and an international reputation for providing systems which deliver a tactical advantage for teams engaged in maritime military operations.
From this strong foundation OSI has initiated a growth strategy covering Europe, the Middle and Far East and South America. In order to support this growth strategy, OSI Maritime is seeking to recruit a Business Development Manager (ASIA). The position is to be based in the Asia-Pacific region, and will report to the Director, Business Development (APAC).
The Business Development Manager (ASIA) is accountable to the Director, Business Development (APAC) for marketing complex Integrated Navigation and Bridge System solutions, to ensure the Company is optimally positioned to maximize profitable revenue and to provide total customer satisfaction. Led by the Director, Business Development (APAC), the BDM(ASIA) will follow up on sales opportunities, assist with customer relationships and assist closing contracts. The ideal candidate will have superior knowledge of the military maritime/shipbuilding industry, will have superior knowledge of the Naval user and their complex operating environment.
- Timely and accurate market analysis; with details of market scope, size and procurement timescales to enable the senior management team to plan, budget, focus and prioritise company resources, when and where they are best deployed around the global market;
- Customer engagement; promoting customer awareness of OSI capabilities and experience, providing customer presentations and demonstrations, attendance trade shows and networking events, news feeds and advertising;
- Customer analysis; developing the detailed understanding of routes to market, requirements, budgets and project timescales, customer, issues, priorities and risk;
- Competition analysis; maintaining a relative assessment of OSI win probability against the competition and providing recommendations for enhancing OSI win probability;
- Developing project specific win strategies;
- Work closely with OSI commercial, technical and project teams to optimise customer solutions and support the preparation of winning proposals;
- Prepare post proposals, communication and PR, plans and campaigns,
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to senior management on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis to include SOFT reports, planned activities, and order intake forecasts;
- Managing the content and accuracy of the company CRM system;
- Undertake work specified in annual objectives to achieve sales targets.
- Marketing or (MBA with significant marketing content), Maritime Systems Engineering, Computer Science. Training to Officer of the Watch (OOW) or higher on modern digital navigation systems is highly desirable. Equivalent technical and business education and experience will be considered.
- 5+ years’ experience with Digital Maritime Navigation Systems; sales, procurement, operation, installation and maintenance or design.
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategies for and winning in technology niche markets along with domain expertise in a related field such as naval or maritime systems; understanding of INTS requirements, technologies, projects, marketing and sales in a defence environment which includes prime contractors, shipbuilders, Navy, and Government customers, is highly desirable.
- Proven experience in naval bridge watch keeping, navigation or tactical realms and ideally work experience in similar roles within the maritime defence environment; understanding of bridge and navigation systems is essential.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications and presentation skills and strong negotiation capability;
- Demonstrated ability to present and communicate with executive management, customer, and corporate stakeholders;
- Ability to present diplomatically, efficiently and work within Asian cultural diversity is essential.
- An understanding of the nuances relevant to marketing and sales in a defense or defense related environment and an understanding of and experience in selling situational awareness, navigation, and tactical solutions to shipbuilders, the Navy, Coast Guard and Government customers.
- Ability to obtain NATO secret security clearance; significant travel in the APAC region and occasional visits to OSI HQ in Vancouver, and this position will be based in the APAC region.