A Service Engineer with solid experience in Defense or Commercial Integrated Bridge Installations, a proven track record of solving complex issues with Integrated Bridge Systems, and Naval ECDIS both remote and in-person. You thrive on the challenges that come with military customers and critical systems; you enjoy the thrill of packing your bags and working with Naval customers solving complex issues on-board ships anywhere in the world. You have the experience to perform assembly, diagnostics, testing, service, and repairs on navigational systems and the desire to learn about OSI products - you will be servicing our clients in Navies in global locations.
This role is located at our Burnaby location (CANADA).
- Installs/commissions Navigation Systems products at customer sites inside and outside North America.
- Diagnoses and repairs hardware assembly problems; diagnoses and repairs software configuration, network and integration issues.
- Assists the Training Manager in the development and delivery of technical training to customers on system installation, maintenance and problem diagnosis.
- Provides customer helpdesk email and telephone support.
- Provides technical guidance and advice to internal staff in resolving technical problems.
- Assists the Production Department with testing of component parts and sub-systems.
- Ensures required records are maintained and properly completed in accordance with the Service procedures.
- Produces and maintains all required documentation in compliance with company requirements and ISO 9001:2008 standards.
- As per the defined procedures, performs all required testing for relevant products, producing and maintaining the required documents in the Company database.
- In conjunction with systems engineering department, may create and/or edit as-built drawings and documentation.
- Ensures tools, equipment, material and any documentation required for each job is in good order.
- Ensures awareness of and compliance to all applicable employment, environmental, health and WCB safety legislation.
- Perform additional project associated tasks as required and determined by the Service Supervisor and Supportability Manager.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a technical customer service environment preferably in marine electronics; experience in building and troubleshooting computer issues, radar, and electronic sensors is an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years of Service Engineering experience in the military domain; experience in the delivery of complex support solutions to government/military customers is an asset.
- Experience with navigation products is an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of Electronic and Windows operating systems; working knowledge of system networks and software scripting; excellent customer relation, prioritization, organizational, multi-tasking and communication skills; detail oriented; ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- A working understanding of communication and data transfer standards is essential.
- Electronics Diploma of Technology or equivalent.
- Ability and willingness to travel (must have a valid passport) and continually learn new procedures and techniques; and if required must be able to work additional hours to meet the objectives of the position.
- Eligible to obtain and maintain relevant security clearance.