Working within the PMO, the Project Manager is responsible for building and leading a multi-disciplinary integrated Project Team that is tasked with achieving the fiscal commitments of the Project while providing an excellent solution delivery experience to our Customers and growth opportunities for OSI team members.
- Building and retaining a highly performing Project Team
- Providing leadership to the Project Team through the application of best practice management techniques
- Providing timely performance feedback to the Project Team
- Autonomous and absolute decision making authority within the confines of the project objectives
- Single point of accountability for all project activities and objectives
- Responsible for achieving Project margin and revenue targets and other objectives as agreed
- Representing OSI at Customer meetings
- Understanding and managing all key Project Stakeholders
- Building excellent Customer relationships
- Growing the scope of the Project and laying the groundwork for future business
- Leads the Bid Team during the Proposal phase of Projects
- Identifying process deficiencies and recommending and implementing improvements
- Executing Project Controls, including but not limited to: risk register, schedule, reports for internal and external stakeholders and managing any sub-contractors that are part of the project team
- Degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline; Formal Project Management training (PMP/APM/PRINCE2) an asset.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in engineering organizations with a minimum of 7 years as a Project Manager; A proven track record of successfully delivering large complex systems (> $5M) in a multi-discipline, multi stakeholder environment.
- Advanced communication skills (written and verbal); ability to think innovatively; ability to work autonomously; strong skills in organizing and facilitating project plan work flow between applicable parties
- In-depth knowledge of marine navigation systems and markets is favorable, formal business qualifications and training would be an asset, ability and willingness to travel as necessary; ability to obtain and maintain security clearance
Due to the nature of our company, all employees must pass specific security criteria. Only candidates who are Canadian citizens or have PR status and who satisfy security clearance criteria will be considered.