Working within the PMO and Reporting to the Director, Programs, the Program Manager provides leadership for a portfolio of related Projects and is responsible for the performance of that portfolio against contractual requirements and fiscal and other agreed objectives.
- Building and retaining a highly performing Program Team
- Providing leadership for the Program Team through the application of best practice management techniques
- Responsible for ensuring that the Program achieves its financial objectives
- Responsible for reporting the status of the Program as well as of the Projects within the Program
- Initial escalation path for Project issues
- Responsible for understanding the staffing needs of the Program and meeting those needs
- Ensures that all Projects executed within the Program comply with all applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards, regulations and specifications including security.
- Responsible for understanding the BD funnel for the Program and ensuring that planning projects are in place.
- Growing the Program portfolio within the context of current Program Customers and in cooperation with BD
- Responsible for working with the PMO Bid Manager to ensure that bids are staffed appropriately
- Ensures the Program complies with applicable Regulatory requirements
- Directly manages Projects as required
Due to the nature of our company, all employees must pass specific security criteria. Only candidates who are Canadian citizens or have PR status and who satisfy security clearance criteria will be considered.
- Degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline; Formal Project Management training (PMP/APM/PRINCE2) an asset.
- 15 years’ experience in engineering organizations with a minimum of 10 years as a Project Manager
- Proven track record of successfully delivering large complex systems (> $10M) in a multi-discipline, multi stakeholder environment
- A minimum 3 years as a Program Manager responsible for a portfolio of projects and with Project Managers as direct reports.
- Advanced communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to think innovatively
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong skills in organizing and facilitating project plan work flow between applicable parties
- Ability to define and implement a consistent customer experience vision across multiple projects.
- In-depth knowledge of marine navigation systems and markets is favorable, formal business qualifications and training would be an asset, ability and willingness to travel as necessary is required.