Reporting to the Project Manager, the Project Engineer leads the Project technical team to successful delivery of OSI systems and solutions. The PE is accountable to the PM for schedule, cost, resource forecasting and delivery of the Project’s technical scope according to the requirements of the Contract and the agreed Project fiscal baseline.
- Leads the Project technical team in the development and delivery of a compliant solution.
- Primary technical point of contact with the customer.
- Identifies required Project technical resources.
- Facilitates risk management for the technical elements of the Project.
- Responsible for costing (estimation) during the proposal stage.
- Collaborates with the PM to develop and agree project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans.
- Allocates project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements and assigning roles to each; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Collaborates with Project Manager to plan/ facilitate reviews.
- Synthesizes project schedule by considering project plan and specifications; calculating labour requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.Review, approve and sign off of all engineering and technical documents for the project.
- Design authority on all engineering and technical matters for the project; collaborates with other experts to improve design choices.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Monitors compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards, regulations and specifications including security.
- Provides input to project status reports by collecting and summarizing information trends; recommending actions.
- Maintains quality, security and safety by ensuring procedures, rules, and regulations for the project are adhered to.
Due to the nature of our company, all employees must pass specific security criteria. Only candidates who are Canadian citizens or have PR status and who satisfy security clearance criteria will be considered.
- Graduate Engineer (4 year Bachelor program as a minimum), combined with at least 10 years of experience in complex system design and delivery.
- Ability to engage and collaborate with all engineering and technical disciplines.
- In depth understanding of the Project delivery life cycle within defense procurement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills on multiple levels, especially technical.
- Excellent design knowledge and ability to perform cost/capability trade off decisions.
- Fosters an inclusive working environment.
- Process based decision making.
- Good time management and organizational skills.