Who You Are:
An experienced Systems Engineer with a passion for leading and developing teams. Our Systems Engineers plays a critical role in the development of the overall system requirements’ design and definition for OSI’s complex products. This role executes various systems engineering functions throughout the life cycle of the project. We're looking for someone with experience in working with various organizations and system components (software engineering, hardware engineering, integration and test, production, manufacturing and logistics) and can take on the technical lead of a project.
- Assists senior engineers in developing design concepts and generates technical proposal material in response to Request for Quotation (RFQ)
- Develops system designs, performs functional analysis, defines systems architecture, defines interfaces and specification, performs trade-studies and documents the design by writing SSDD, ICDs, SRS
- Performs requirement analysis, trace-ability and maintenance of requirements
- Coordinates design of subsystems and integration of total system
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies
- Develops and recommends corrective actions
- Designs to government standards, including Military and IMO standards, ensuring ongoing compliance and adherence to requirements
- Ensures availability, reliability and other logistics support considerations are part of the system design process
- Reviews obsolescence issues and recommends design changes
- Attends and participates in customer design reviews and acceptance events
- May participate in system integration tests, trials, and acceptance tests at customer facilities
- Writes acceptance test procedures
- Manages scope of work, schedules work, estimates effort and costs, and identifies technical risks; effectively communicates status on a regular basis to management
- Works in both a team environment and independently with minimum supervision
- Degree in Engineering or Physics, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience; eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in Canada an asset
- 4 years’ engineering experience, Minimum 3 years’ experience in Systems Engineering; Experience in marine electronics and integrated bridge systems a significant asset; experience in defense or government domain preferably in naval ship sector a significant asset
- Proven track record in the timely delivery of engineering related projects; Strong knowledge of marine navigation and tactical sensors or systems; Excellent knowledge of Systems Engineering principles, standards and best practices; Working experience in network design and architecture; Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; Familiarity with requirements and verification management tools such as DOORS; Knowledge of safety engineering and human factors engineering is an asset.
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance.
Due to the nature of our company, all employees must pass specific security criteria. Only candidates who are Canadian citizens or have PR status and who satisfy security clearance criteria will be considered.