The Supply Chain and Logistics Manager is responsible for developing and executing the supply chain and logistics strategy comprising of the following operations; Procurement, Inventory Management and Shipping & Receiving. The Supply Chain & Logistics Manager is expected to lead the following functions within the Supply Chain and Logistics Department; planning and strategizing, sourcing of raw materials and/or services, delivery and logistics of materials both incoming and outgoing (inc customer owned goods on return), inventory management and warehousing of goods both raw and finished.
- Take ownership of the supply chain strategy and guide execution through the leadership and management of the supply chain and logistics department.
- Through the management of others ensures that materials, services and equipment required to manufacture our systems are available for manufacture in accordance with contracted quality, schedule and cost limits.
- Drive, through Continuous Improvement, greater efficiency in the execution of activities.
- Ensure that Company ISO 9001 and CMMI procedures and policies are maintained.
- Develop and maintain supplier management program to ensure suppliers are assessed and continue to contribute to the Company’s procurement objectives.
- Ensure the logistics functions operate efficiently and effectively in the moving of goods to, from and within our warehousing facility.
- Maintain current detailed knowledge on INCOTERMS, ITAR and Export Control regulations as they pertain to the movement and storage of goods.
- Assesses inventory holdings and develop programs to manage inventory and ensure the most efficient use of warehouse resources. Coordinates with finance/accounting on matters involving inventory carrying costs.
- Mentor and collaborate with team members to ensure ongoing professional development and skill advancement
- Follow workplace operating, environmental, health and safety procedures and guidelines.
- Accountable for the effective onboarding of all team members.
- Ensure timely, cost-effective procurement, inventory control, planning, quality control and delivery of materials.
- Ensure best practices are embraced and implemented to lower procurement costs and increase efficiency.
- Create on-going key performance indicators and targets to track cost, schedule, quality and overall performance of the Supply Chain and Logistics functions.
- Ensure that a safe working environment is maintained at all times.
- Degree in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain or a related discipline.
- 10 years’ direct experience in a relevant Operations field with 4 or more years’ experience in a management and leadership position.
- Familiarity with safety and procedural best practice in SCM. APICS certification is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with:
- Managing a diverse team of professionals.
- Resource planning and forecasting needs.
- Development and maintenance of ISO processes and procedures.
- Product Lifecycle Management Tools.
- Materials Requirements planning tools and other standard logistics software.
Must be eligible to obtain and maintain NATO secret security clearance throughout the employment period.