The Junior CAD Designer assists higher level team members in the creation of 3D models and manufacturing drawings to support the development of OSI’s consoles, racks and IBS systems, from concept through to production.
- Create 3D models and manufacturing drawings of mechanical components and assemblies
- Create electrical drawings of cables assemblies and wiring harnesses
- Revise drawings in accordance with ECOs (Engineering Change Orders)
- Create BoMs (Bills of Materials) for mechanical and electrical assemblies
- Comply with workplace operating, environmental, and health and safety procedures and guidelines.
- 2 or 3 year college diploma with technical training in 3D modeling drafting
- 0-3 years experience
- Proficiency in SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of ASME Y14 Engineering drawing practices
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes for sheet metal, machined and welded parts
- Experience with the following is an asset:
- Design and modeling of sheet metal components
- Understanding of design for manufacturing and assembly principles
- Familiarity with PDM Vault (SolidWorks Professional preferred).
Due to the nature of our company, all employees must pass specific security criteria. Only candidates who are Canadian citizens or have PR status and who satisfy security clearance criteria will be considered.