OSI Maritime Systems is a Vancouver based solutions provider of advanced integrated navigation and tactical solutions to military customers for over 20 years. As a pioneer of Warship Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems (WECDIS), the company has grown to be a leading provider of integrated navigation and tactical solutions designed for naval and maritime security operations. We develop and deliver integrated bridge systems for warships, integrated dived navigation systems for submarines, and C2 systems for small craft.
OSI currently has 20 naval customers from around the world with over 600 warships and submarines operating with its world leading integrated navigation and tactical solutions. Our offices are conveniently located in Burnaby near Willingdon and Hwy 1, close to transit, bike routes and running trails. We have free parking, secure bike lock up and showers.
Due to the nature of our company, all employees must pass specific security criteria. Only candidates who are Canadian citizens or have PR status and who satisfy security clearance criteria will be considered.
The Logistics Support Analysis (LSA) Engineer is responsible for executing LSA activities, to create and maintain ILS documentation and tooling within the Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) team; gathering, recording, and analyzing logistics and maintenance data, in line with information from Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and as a result of internal analyses, to ensure that product and project support is optimized from concept, though to project delivery, and throughout its lifecycle.
The LSA Engineer is also responsible for effective interdepartmental communications, to ensure that the ILS team and LSA database, is up to date with new products and system development ideas, as well as ensuring adequate support is provided to the engineering teams during design and development activities, in accordance with internal and external requirements and specifications.
The LSA Engineer will:
- Conduct logistic support analysis in support of project deliverables and trade-off analyses for proposed OSI products, including but not limited to:
- Reliability, Maintainability, and Availability analyses and reporting;
- Maintenance Task Analysis;
- Sparing analyses;
- Level of Repair analyses;
- Life Cycle Cost analyses.
- Assist the ILS team lead in planning, developing, and implementing logistics program activities from the concept stages, through the lifecycle of the project/product development.
- Ensure the internal Logistics Information Repository (LIR) accurately captures all anticipated product data needs, is tailorable for each project, and is regularly updated and monitored by gathering relevant information on OSI products from OEMs, distributors, suppliers, and internal sources.
- Review customer specifications and requirements, analyze and evaluate product design, and develop logistics plans and concepts to best support reliability and maintainability contract requirements.
- Actively engage with other areas of the business to ensure LSA requirements are being met in each phase of the design, and support the ILS team lead at internal and external design reviews.
- Support capture of new business by assisting the proposals and business development areas with upfront analyses, as directed by the ILS Team Lead.
- Actively monitor industry standards for LSA, and communicate new or obsolete standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field or a recognized Engineering Technical diploma in a related area with preference for Mechanical, Industrial and or Mechatronics Engineering.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in LSA or ILS engineering role.
- Ability to initiate and complete a LSA activities with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Able to identify discrepancies in large data sets.
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze engineering drawings, schematics, flow diagrams, bills of materials and specification sheets for electrical and mechanical equipment
- Patient and methodical
- Very good written and verbal communication
- Experience of equipment maintenance and/or repair an advantage
- High proficiency in the use of the MS office tools especially Excel, Word, and Outlook. VBA is an asset.