OSI Maritime Systems is a Vancouver based solutions provider of advanced integrated navigation and tactical solutions to military customers for over 20 years. As a pioneer of Warship Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems (WECDIS), the company has grown to be a leading provider of integrated navigation and tactical solutions designed for naval and maritime security operations. We develop and deliver integrated bridge systems for warships, integrated dived navigation systems for submarines, and C2 systems for small craft.
OSI currently has 23 naval customers from around the world with more than 600 warships and submarines operating with its world leading integrated navigation and tactical solutions. Our offices are conveniently located in Burnaby near Willingdon and Hwy 1, close to transit, bike routes and running trails. We have free parking, secure bike lock up and showers.
Due to the nature of our company, all employees must pass specific security criteria. Only candidates who are Canadian citizens or have PR status and who satisfy security clearance criteria will be considered.
The Production Technician will support activities within the Production department, which will include performing detailed electronic and electro-mechanical assembly in sub-assembly or assembly units, as well as bench testing of Integrated Navigation Bridge System components. In building and testing of electro-mechanical assemblies, the incumbent will hold tolerances to blueprint and/or oral and written specifications. Additionally, the incumbent will be responsible for performing parts installation, wiring, cable harnessing and hand soldering using standard sequence and also perform repairs to legacy/customer equipment.
- Organize and verify components for assembly or installation
- Assemble sub-assembly and/or final assembly units in a timely fashion
- Solder wires and assembly of cable connections as required
- Build and/or test electro-mechanical assemblies to blueprint and/or oral and written specifications
- Maintain accurate records of all quality, operations and assembly related documentation and procedures
- Ensure high quality of executed duties on an ongoing basis to support exceptional standards of quality, delivery, compliance and excellence
- Comply with OSI Maritime Systems established ISO-9001-compliant development guidelines and standards
- Comply with workplace operational, environmental, health and safety procedure guidelines
- Education: A high school diploma; curriculum including studies in electronics, mathematics ,science , mechanics
- Experience: 3-5 years’ electro-mechanical experience in detailed soldering; Experience in electro-mechanical assembly, testing along with following schematics, experience working in an ISO 9001 compliant environment would be an asset.
- Skills: Knowledge of hand tools, power tools, fixtures and measuring devices including DVMs; Experience with soldering would be beneficial; Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel; Ability to work independently or within a team to accomplish objectives; Attention to detail in ensuring that quality and efficiency standards are met or exceeded; Excellent oral and written English communication skills; Strong organizational skills
- Other: Adequate close vision and colour & depth perception. This position may require lifting and moving products of up to 50 lbs; Must be eligible to receive & maintain Canadian security clearance; May be required to work overtime as needed, Some domestic travel may be required from time to time.