OSI Maritime Systems is a Vancouver based solutions provider of advanced integrated navigation and tactical solutions to military customers for over 20 years. As a pioneer of Warship Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems (WECDIS), the company has grown to be a leading provider of integrated navigation and tactical solutions designed for naval and maritime security operations.
We develop and deliver integrated bridge systems for warships, integrated dived navigation systems for submarines, and C2 systems for small craft. OSI currently has 20 naval customers from around the world with over 600 warships and submarines operating with its world leading integrated navigation and tactical solutions. Our offices are conveniently located in Burnaby near Willingdon and Hwy 1, close to transit, bike routes and running trails. We have free parking, secure bike lock up and showers.
Due to the nature of our company, all employees must pass specific security criteria. Only candidates who are Canadian citizens, have PR status or have a citizenship from a NATO country, and who satisfy security clearance criteria, will be considered.
The Technical Product Coordinator will perform product and component data entry and maintenance as required by the Product Lifecycle Management processes, coordinate departmental tasks and provide technical support as required during the product development, integration and qualification test activities.
- The Technical Product Coordinator will collaborate with other departments, including Hardware Engineering, Production and Purchasing, to ensure data integrity of OSI’s product data base, PDX. Primary responsibilities include:
- Metadata input for Hardware Products, this may involve consulting with engineers to find the appropriate source of data;
- Raising, and managing Engineering Change Requests and Notices to maintain strict Configuration Management on engineering products;
- The Technical Product Coordinator will also coordinate the departmental JIRA issue logging for external support requests and provide technical support for Product Design, Prototyping and Testing.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- A diligent professional with a focus on getting the details correct and ensuring accuracy of data entry;
- A demonstrated workflow and process oriented mentality;
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize efficiently, and handle multiple tasks at any one time;
- Some exposure to issue monitoring applications (JIRA or similar) and PLM applications (PDX or similar);
- Some experience with hardware product development and interest to work as part of an engineering team;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Good MS Office proficiency, especially Excel and Word;