OSI Maritime Systems is a solutions provider of advanced integrated navigation and tactical solutions to military customers for over 20 years. As a pioneer of Warship Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems (WECDIS), we develop and deliver integrated bridge systems for warships, integrated dived navigation systems for submarines, and C2 systems for small craft.
OSI currently has 20 naval customers from around the world with over 600 warships and submarines operating with its world leading integrated navigation and tactical solutions.
The Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) Specialist conducts day to day ILS and Supportability Engineering activities to meet project deliverables, support proposals, and assists the ILS Team Lead to enhance and sustain OSI’s ILS capability.
Assists the ILS Team Lead to coordinate the day to day activities and tasking of the ILS Team, and provides expert advice to the ILS Team Lead to support planning and developing the ILS offering within OSI.
- Implement the agreed ILS processes, procedures, and tools, on direct projects, including executing and reviewing ILS deliverables,
- Recommend ILS processes and tools for adoption by the ILS Team, including expert input to justifying business cases,
- Help the ILS Team Lead to identify team training needs based on future project requirements and current industry approaches related to ILS,
- Monitors and recommends improvements and actions to ensure consistency of OSI Logistics Information and provides technical review of outputs,
- Provide expert advice input to the determination of OSI standard Support deliverables to support OSI Standardized products and sub-systems,
- Provide resource estimates and ILS content for proposals, engaging with Systems Engineering to ensure an integrated and consistent deliverable is achieved,
- Assist the ILS Team Lead to develop Work Packages and allocation activities to the ILS team members and monitor progress of team assigned tasks,
- Communicates and interfaces with other teams to coordinate project inputs and deliverables,
- Assist the ILS Team Lead and ILS team members to achieve department goals and success
KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Must possess a recognized Engineering Technical diploma in a related area with preference for candidates with a University degree in Mechanical, Industrial and or Mechatronics Engineering
- Ability to analyze complex integrated systems requirements to determine the most appropriate support solution,
- Patient and methodical
- Very good written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of VBA is an asset
- Experience of equipment maintenance and/or repair an advantage