OSI Maritime Systems is a Vancouver based solutions provider of advanced integrated navigation and tactical solutions to military customers for over 20 years. As a pioneer of Warship Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems (WECDIS), the company has grown to be a leading provider of integrated navigation and tactical solutions designed for naval and maritime security operations.
We develop and deliver integrated bridge systems for warships, integrated dived navigation systems for submarines, and C2 systems for small craft. OSI currently has 20 naval customers from around the world with over 600 warships and submarines operating with its world leading integrated navigation and tactical solutions. Our offices are conveniently located in Burnaby near Willingdon and Hwy 1, close to transit, bike routes and running trails. We have free parking, secure bike lock up and showers.
Due to the nature of our company, all employees must pass specific security criteria. Only candidates who are Canadian citizens, have PR status or have a citizenship from a NATO country, and who satisfy security clearance criteria, will be considered.
The CAD Designer supports development of mechanical and electrical concepts, packaging design or redesign of OSI consoles, racks and IBS systems. The CAD Designer is expected to deliver accurate 3D models and 2D drawings.
- Develop of 3D models and 2D drawings suitable for manufacturing
- Interface with Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing and Systems Engineers for design development
- Level 1 Check of drawings for accuracy and compliance with OSI practices
- Support preparation of procedures and work instructions for product fabrication
- Support preparation, development and sustainment of CAD Operation Team standards, work instruction and operational procedures
- Create conceptual drawings and renderings for Sales Proposals
- Follows workplace operating and environmental, health and safety procedures and guidelines.
2 or 3 year college diploma with technical training in 3D modeling drafting
4 to 7 years of experience
Experience with the following is desirable:
- Competent with application of Solidworks modeling tools and AutoCAD
- Solidworks PDM
- Change management tools such as PDXpert
- Familiarity with electrical drawings
- Working knowledge of ASME Y14 Engineering drawing practices
- Design for assembly and manufacturing.
- Manufacturing processes for sheet metal, machined and welded parts.
- Familiarity with naval platform environment is an asset