System Test Engineer designs, develops, performs, and documents test procedures on complex projects to confirm system & system product functionality and integrity.
System Test Engineer carries individual responsibility for the successful validation of system requirements and software features that have been assigned.
Important to note:
Must be eligible to obtain and maintain NATO secret security clearance throughout the employment period therefore only individuals that hold a PR or Canadian citizenship are eligible.
- Performs tests on complex projects, resolves and reports on problems encountered and documents test results for follow-up
- Defines test objectives, writes test case builds test systems and executes functional, application, regression and performance tests.
- Adapts existing routine tests to new and other platforms
- Develops, performs, and documents test procedures to verify problem fixes and problems reported through Technical Support from customers; verifies new, untested product features
- Recommends standards for development of test procedures and test tools
- Interacts with the customer to execute test methods and procedures
- Degree in Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
- 3-5 years experience in a systems or software testing environment
- Experience in testing high level software or systems with real-time interfaces to external systems
- Experience working with customers to sell off requirements
- Ability to understand and work with complex system / software requirement specifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and work well under pressure in a high paced, challenging environment
- Interest in learning marine navigation concepts and experiencing life at sea
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain NATO secret security clearance throughout the employment period.