OSI Maritime Systems is a Vancouver based solutions provider of advanced integrated navigation and tactical solutions to military customers for over 20 years. As a pioneer of Warship Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems (WECDIS), the company has grown to be a leading provider of integrated navigation and tactical solutions designed for naval and maritime security operations.
We develop and deliver integrated bridge systems for warships, integrated dived navigation systems for submarines, and C2 systems for small craft. OSI currently has 20 naval customers from around the world with over 600 warships and submarines operating with its world leading integrated navigation and tactical solutions. Our offices are conveniently located in Burnaby near Willingdon and Hwy 1, close to transit, bike routes and running trails. We have free parking, secure bike lock up and showers.
Due to the nature of our company, all employees must pass specific security criteria. Only candidates who are Canadian citizens, have PR status or have a citizenship from a NATO country, and who satisfy security clearance criteria, will be considered.
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to lead multi-disciplinary integrated projects and to be the principle point of interface between the Customer and the Company. The Senior Project Manager ensures the projects are delivered to performance, cost and time constraints while ensuring the quality of deliverables meets the needs of the Customer.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Provides Project Management and leadership to the delivery team through the application of best practice project management techniques
- Ensures a very close working relationship with the nominated lead Systems Engineer
- Provides input to the bid team at the proposal stage on project schedule, risk, milestone payment plans, cash flow and project terms and conditions
- At the point of sales/ops handover takes overall responsibility for the delivery of the project to performance, cost and time constraints
- Maintains the project risk register advising the Director, Programs and other stakeholders of project risk profile on a regular basis
- Maintains the project schedule informing the internal stakeholders of their delivery obligations and providing the customer with frequent updates on the project
- Provides routine and regular project reports to the Director, Programs as well as other internal and external stakeholders, to include a report on actual expenditure to budget, ETC and EAC
- Distributes work packages to the Operations and Engineering departments and monitors progress throughout the project cycle against schedule and budget; acts to ensure problem resolution is taking place as necessary
- Co-ordinates design reviews
- Manages and controls sub-contractors who are part of the project team
- Represents the company at customer held project reviews and meetings
- Liaise with the Project Accountant in order to understand and ensure that financial objectives of the Project are met
- Degree preferably in Engineering or a related technical discipline
- PMP/APM/PRINCE2 qualified
- 7+ years post Project Manager Professional or Management qualification experience
- 10+ years of experience in Maritime Engineering organizations with a minimum of 7 years in a Project Manager role involving projects with a value in excess of $30m.
- Proven track record of project management success in the delivery of complex projects in multi-discipline, multi-stakeholder environments
- Advanced communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to think innovatively within the guidelines set by the Director, Programs
- Strong skills in organizing and facilitating project plan work flow between applicable parties
- In-depth knowledge of marine navigation systems and markets is favorable