In 1977, OSI introduced the first generation electronic chart system for the maritime market and revolutionized navigation. Over the years we have had many firsts. Today, OSI Maritime Systems is a leading provider of integrated navigation and tactical solutions designed for naval and maritime security operations. Among those solutions, the company develops and delivers integrated bridge systems for warships, integrated dived navigation systems for submarines, and C2 systems for small craft. Presently, 23 navies totaling more than 600 warships and submarines operate using OSI systems.
Due to the nature of our company, all employees must pass specific security criteria. Only candidates who are Canadian citizens, have PR status or have a citizenship from a NATO country, and who satisfy security clearance criteria, will be considered.
While our offices are conveniently located in Burnaby near Willingdon and Hwy 1, at OSI we take our responsibility to protect our employees very seriously therefore, due to Covid-19, the majority of our employees are working remotely. We will be constantly monitoring Government advice and will take action accordingly.
Recruiting during Covid-19
To protect our employees and candidates we have gone virtual. We reach out by phone and conduct video interviews with the hiring team. We transition from shaking hands to virtual high fives! This shall pass, remember to Be Kind, Be Calm, Be Safe.
The Senior System Test Engineer is responsible for designing, developing and implementing methods of testing and troubleshooting systems within complex projects to confirm system functionality and integrity. You will carry individual responsibility for the successful validation of system requirements and software features that the position and team members have been assigned to.
The main responsibilities are:
- Performs tests on complex projects, resolves and reports on problems encountered and documents test results for follow-up
- Defines test objectives, writes test cases, builds test systems and executes functional, application, regression and performance tests.
- Investigates and recommends software productivity and testing tools for use within the Software Engineering Team.
- Adapts existing routine tests to new and other platforms
- Develops, performs, and documents test procedures to verify problem fixes and problems reported from customers
- Verifies new, untested product features
- Establishes and maintains processes for transfer of and access to test material to enable its use in both development and test environments
- Devises, implements, and maintains procedures for automatic initiation and easy verification of routine and moderately difficult test runs
- Recommends standards for development of test procedures and test tools
- Ensures the integrity of test material by establishing and maintaining procedures and guidelines for updating and archiving of regression tests
- Interacts with the customer to execute test methods and procedures to the customer’s satisfaction
- Complies with OSI’s established ISO-9001-compliant development guidelines and standards
- Follows workplace operating and environmental, health, and safety procedures and guidelines
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering or Engineering Physics
- 8 years’ experience or more in a systems or software testing environment
- Experience in testing high level software or systems with real-time interfaces to external systems
- Experience working with customers to sell off requirements
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 compliant engineering environment would be an asset.
- Ability to understand and work with complex systems / software requirement specifications
- Strong theoretical and algorithmic background with experience in mathematical and/or geospatial applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and work well under pressure in a high paced, challenging environment
- Ability to test integrated equipment
- Knowledge of marine navigation concepts and systems is a significant asset
We have a Professional Development program in place that supports our employees in their career development by providing funds, time, and opportunities to become better at what they do.
At OSI you can make a difference. We are a change willing organization that is always looking for new ideas. We strive to improve what it is we do and how we do it. If you have ideas we would love to hear about them.
OSI fosters an inclusive and diverse culture. We celebrate our diversity and strive to be more inclusive because it makes us a better company.
We also offer great benefits:
- Extended healthcare
- Dental care
- Group Retirement Savings Plan
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Employee and Family Assistance Program