In 1977, OSI introduced the first generation electronic chart system for the maritime market and revolutionized navigation. Over the years we have had many firsts. Today, OSI Maritime Systems is a leading provider of integrated navigation and tactical solutions designed for naval and maritime security operations. Among those solutions, the company develops and delivers integrated bridge systems for warships, integrated dived navigation systems for submarines, and C2 systems for small craft. Presently, 23 navies totaling more than 600 warships and submarines operate using OSI systems.
Due to the nature of our company, all employees must pass specific security criteria. Only candidates who are Canadian citizens, have PR status or have a citizenship from a NATO country, and who satisfy security clearance criteria, will be considered.
The Service Technician provides technical support for the integration and problem diagnosis of OSI’s navigational system products both, in-house and at customer sites. The incumbent assembles, performs quality testing and diagnostics, installs, services and repairs OSI products and navigational systems for the Company’s clients at world-wide locations.
- Assembles, diagnoses and repairs hardware assembly problems; diagnoses and repairs software configuration, network and integration issues.
- Assists the Training Manager in the development and delivery of technical training to customers on system installation, maintenance and problem diagnosis.
- Assists Systems Engineering and Software Test departments to write test procedures as well as implements system test environments in support of Product Development and project requirements.
- Provides customer helpdesk email and telephone support.
- Provides technical guidance and advice to internal staff in resolving technical problems.
- Assists the Production Department with testing of component parts and sub-systems.
- Ensures required records are maintained and properly completed in accordance with the Service procedures.
- Produces and maintains all required documentation in compliance with company requirements and ISO 9001:2008 standards.
- As per the defined procedures, performs all required testing for relevant products, producing and maintaining the required documents in the Company database.
- In conjunction with systems engineering department, may create and/or edit as-built drawings and documentation.
- Ensures tools, equipment, material and any documentation required for each job is in good order.
- Ensures awareness of and compliance to all applicable employment, environmental, health and WCB safety legislation.
- Perform additional project associated tasks as required and determined by the Project Manager and Supportability Manager.
- Installs/commissions Navigation Systems products at customer sites inside and outside North America.
KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
: Electronics Diploma of Technology or equivalent.
: Minimum of 3 years of Service Engineering experience preferably in the military domain; experience in the delivery of complex support solutions to government/military customers is an asset.
: Minimum of 5 years of practical work experience in a technical customer service environment, preferably in marine electronics; experience in building and troubleshooting computer issues, radar, and electronic sensors is an asset. Experience with navigation products is an asset. Extensive knowledge of Electronic and Windows operating systems; working knowledge of system networks and software scripting; excellent customer relation, prioritization, organizational, multi-tasking and communication skills; detail oriented; ability to work independently as well as part of a team. A working understanding of communication and data transfer standards is essential. Previous experience and willingness to train other internal and customer technicians an asset. Comfortable with Electrical and Mechanical assemblies.
: Ability and willingness to travel (must have a valid passport) and continually learn new procedures and techniques; must be eligible to meet and maintain requirements for security clearance as applicable and if required must be able to work additional hours to meet the objectives of the position.
We have a Professional Development program in place that supports our employees in their career development by providing funds, time, and opportunities to become better at what they do.
At OSI you can make a difference. We are a change willing organization that is always looking for new ideas. We strive to improve what it is we do and how we do it. If you have ideas we would love to hear about them.
OSI fosters an inclusive and diverse culture. We celebrate our diversity and strive to be more inclusive because it makes us a better company.
We also offer great benefits:
- Extended healthcare
- Dental care
- Group Retirement Savings Plan
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Employee and Family Assistance Program