In 1977, OSI introduced the first generation electronic chart system for the maritime market and revolutionized navigation. Over the years we have had many firsts. Today, OSI Maritime Systems is a leading provider of integrated navigation and tactical solutions designed for naval and maritime security operations. Among those solutions, the company develops and delivers integrated bridge systems for warships, integrated dived navigation systems for submarines, and C2 systems for small craft. Presently, 23 navies totaling more than 600 warships and submarines operate using OSI systems.
Due to the nature of our company, all employees must pass specific security criteria. Only candidates who are Canadian citizens, have PR status or have a citizenship from a NATO country, and who satisfy security clearance criteria, will be considered.
Working within the Systems Delivery division, the Senior Project Manager is the Leader of a multi-disciplinary Integrated Project Team and is the principle point of interface between the Customer and the Company. The Project Manager, workings closely with the Project Engineer ensures the projects are delivered to performance, cost and time constraints while ensuring the quality of deliverables meets the needs of the Customer.
The main responsibilities include:
- Working with the Program Manager build and retain a highly performing Project Team
Provides Project Management and leadership to the delivery team through the application of best practice project management techniques
- Delivering Projects on budget and schedule and to the satisfaction of Customers and internal stakeholders.
- Achieving Project financial commitments including revenue, GM and cash flow.
- Ensures a very close working relationship with the Project Engineer
- Provides input to the bid team at the proposal stage on project schedule, risk, milestone payment plans, cash flow and project terms and conditions
- At the point of sales/ops handover takes overall responsibility for the delivery of the project to performance, cost and time constraints
- Maintains the project risk register advising the Program Manager and Director, Programs and other stakeholders of project risk profile on a regular basis
- Maintains the project schedule informing the internal stakeholders of their delivery obligations and providing the customer with frequent updates on the project
- Provides routine and regular project reports to the Program Manager and Director, Programs as well as other internal and external stakeholders, to include a report on actual expenditure to budget, ETC and EAC
- Distributes work packages to the team and monitors progress throughout the project cycle against schedule and budget; acts to ensure problem resolution is taking place as necessary
- Manages and controls sub-contractors who are part of the project team
- Represents the company at customer held project reviews and meetings
- Liaise with the Project Accountant in order to understand and ensure that financial objectives of the Project are met
- Degree preferably in Engineering or a related technical discipline; PMP/APM/PRINCE2 qualified
- 7 years post Project Manager Professional or Management qualification experience
- 10 years’ experience in Maritime Engineering organizations with a minimum of 7 years in a Project Manager role involving projects with a value in excess of $30m
- Proven track record of project management success in the delivery of complex projects in multi-discipline, multi-stakeholder environments
- Advanced communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to think innovatively within the guidelines set by the Program Manager and Director, Programs
- Strong skills in organizing and facilitating project plan work flow between applicable parties
- In-depth knowledge of marine navigation systems and markets is favorable, formal business qualifications and training would be an asset, ability and willingness to travel as necessary
- Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance
We have a Professional Development program in place that supports our employees in their career development by providing funds, time, and opportunities to become better at what they do.
At OSI you can make a difference. We are a change willing organization that is always looking for new ideas. We strive to improve what it is we do and how we do it. If you have ideas we would love to hear about them.
OSI fosters an inclusive and diverse culture. We celebrate our diversity and strive to be more inclusive because it makes us a better company.
We also offer great benefits:
- Extended healthcare
- Dental care
- Group Retirement Savings Plan
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Employee and Family Assistance Program