You will be responsible for assisting in inventory control activities, including put-away, work order picking, inventory counts, material transfers, and maintaining organized and tidy warehouse. You may be required to assist other Supply Chain activities, such as packaging, expediting, stock look-up and monitoring levels of consumable items in production.
The main responsibilities for the role are:
- Assists in the company's inventory management function
- Performs bin/warehouse transfers
- Assists in on-going inventory stock counting / inventory accuracy checks
- Fills demands for materials· Maintains shop-floor inventory holdings by actively verifying stock-outs and performing replenishment activities
- Ensures inventory locations are organized, locked and secure at all times
- Assists with engineering requests for inspection of items, and ensures warehouse security & safety for visiting engineering staff (PPE is mandatory for all visitors)
- Ensures that put-away items are labelled correctly, and assists with recording stock locations in inventory system
- Good understanding of material flow in a production facility
- Meticulous record keeping
- Forklift certification is an asset
- Computer skills (keyboard & mouse)
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and inventory software
- Attention to detail, diligent, good listener, curious
- Bias for action
In 1977, OSI introduced the first generation electronic chart system for the maritime market and revolutionized navigation. Over the years we have had many firsts. Today, OSI Maritime Systems is a leading provider of integrated navigation and tactical solutions designed for naval and maritime security operations. Among those solutions, the company develops and delivers integrated bridge systems for warships, integrated dived navigation systems for submarines, and C2 systems for small craft. Presently, 23 navies totaling more than 600 warships and submarines operate using OSI systems.
Due to the nature of our company, all employees must pass specific security criteria. Only candidates who are Canadian citizens, have PR status or have a citizenship from a NATO country, and who satisfy security clearance criteria, will be considered.
While our offices are conveniently located in Burnaby near Willingdon and Hwy 1, at OSI we take our responsibility to protect our employees very seriously therefore, due to Covid-19, the majority of our employees are working remotely. We will be constantly monitoring Government advice and will take action accordingly.
Recruiting during Covid-19
To protect our employees and candidates we have gone virtual. We reach out by phone and conduct video interviews with the hiring team. We transition from shaking hands to virtual high fives! This shall pass, remember to Be Kind, Be Calm, Be Safe.
We have a Professional Development program in place that supports our employees in their career development by providing funds, time, and opportunities to become better at what they do.
At OSI you can make a difference. We are a change willing organization that is always looking for new ideas. We strive to improve what it is we do and how we do it. If you have ideas we would love to hear about them.
OSI fosters an inclusive and diverse culture. We celebrate our diversity and strive to be more inclusive because it makes us a better company.