We are currently hiring for both permanent and temporary Production Technicians.
In 1977, OSI introduced the first generation electronic chart system for the maritime market and revolutionized navigation. Over the years we have had many firsts. Today, OSI Maritime Systems is a leading provider of integrated navigation and tactical solutions designed for naval and maritime security operations. Among those solutions, the company develops and delivers integrated bridge systems for warships, integrated dived navigation systems for submarines, and C2 systems for small craft. Presently, 23 navies totaling more than 600 warships and submarines operate using OSI systems.
Due to the nature of our company, all employees must pass specific security criteria. Only candidates who are Canadian citizens, have PR status or have a citizenship from a NATO country, and who satisfy security clearance criteria, will be considered.
Our offices are conveniently located in Burnaby near Willingdon and Hwy 1.
You will be performing detailed electronic and electro-mechanical assembly in sub-assembly or assembly units, as well as bench testing of Integrated Navigation Bridge System components. In building and testing of electro-mechanical assemblies, the incumbent will hold tolerances to blueprint and/or oral and written specifications.
You will also be responsible for performing parts installation, wiring, cable harnessing and hand soldering using standard sequence and also perform repairs to legacy/customer equipment.
The main responsibilities are:
- Organize and verify components for assembly or installation
- Assemble sub-assembly and/or final assembly units in a timely fashion
- Solder wires and assembly of cable connections as required
- Build and/or test electro-mechanical assemblies to blueprint and/or oral and written specifications
- Maintain accurate records of all quality, operations and assembly related documentation and procedures
- Ensure high quality of executed duties on an ongoing basis to support exceptional standards of quality, delivery, compliance and excellence
- Comply with OSI Maritime Systems established ISO-9001-compliant development guidelines and standards
- Comply with workplace operational, environmental, health and safety procedure guidelines
- 3-5 years’ electro-mechanical experience in detailed soldering
- Knowledge of hand tools, power tools, fixtures and measuring devices including DVMs
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Microsoft ExcelAttention to detail in ensuring that quality and efficiency standards are met or exceeded
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Adequate close vision and color & depth perception
- This position may require lifting and moving products of up to 50 lbs
- May be required to work overtime as needed
- Some domestic travel may be required from time to time
- Experience in electro-mechanical assembly, testing along with following schematics, experience working in an ISO 9001 compliant environment would be an asset.
We have a Professional Development program in place that supports our employees in their career development by providing funds, time, and opportunities to become better at what they do.
At OSI you can make a difference. We are a change willing organization that is always looking for new ideas. We strive to improve what it is we do and how we do it. If you have ideas we would love to hear about them.
OSI fosters an inclusive and diverse culture. We celebrate our diversity and strive to be more inclusive because it makes us a better company.
We also offer great benefits:
- Extended healthcare
- Dental care
- Group Retirement Savings Plan
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Employee and Family Assistance Program