Reporting to the Corporate Compliance Manager, the QC Inspector will be responsible for the objective validation of all operational process outputs, inspecting in process, incoming, and final product assemblies, inspecting documented records, and recording all findings within quality control records.
The main responsibilities include:
- The QC Inspector will be responsible for the overall outgoing quality of all OSI Maritime Systems Products
- Manufacturing in process inspections carried out in timely manner, analyze production work output for completeness and accuracy against mechanical drawings and cabling specifications
- Incoming quality inspections of all incoming mechanical parts and cable assemblies including continuity
- Final QC inspections performed on all outgoing systems and hardware
- Creates all inspection records, collects photos, and documents evidence of all inspections performed accurately within QMS
- Compare product and procedures against documented design records, reviewing engineering drawings to identify discrepancies
- Compare final assembly of goods to all documented BOM, hardware drawings, system drawings, product labeling for accuracy and completeness
- Conduct quarantine activities on non-conforming products and materials, will support MRB reviews
- Initiate preventative and corrective action process as required
- Observe and validate factory acceptance tests on assembled systems
- Perform outgoing inspections of RMA repaired material, when required
- Support on configuration and verification audits as may be requested
- Support of QMS ISO 9001:2015 process documentation, modification and record preservation, and audits
- Other activities as directed by the Corporate Compliance Manager.
- A recognized university degree, technical diploma, or technologist with preference given to direct experience in Quality Assurance, QC Inspections, Methods or Process Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electronic Manufacturing, or related industry is beneficial.
- 2+ years’ experience in a Quality Assurance role, QC inspection, or equivalent.
- QMS auditor’s certification would be beneficial, ISO 9001:2015 or similar ISO Series
- Key Skills: Vision, attention to detail, highly self-motivated, inspection, proofreading, logic & reasoning, analytical skills, communication skills, interpersonal aptitude, must be able to read and interpret hardware design drawings.
- The candidate must be able to work autonomously, and can identify QC inspection tasks and manage time effectively.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to: Identify defects, problems, and communicate QC results, create records of inspection
- The candidate must be able to negotiate and prioritize time management with various key functional managers, Project Managers and operate in different work areas.
- Patient, organized, and methodical, excellent team player
- Must be passionate about quality, and relentless in its pursuit
- Very good written and verbal communication
- Highly computer literate, and experience with MS-office suite, adobe, SharePoint, JIRA
- Able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance
In 1977, OSI introduced the first generation electronic chart system for the maritime market and revolutionized navigation. Over the years we have had many firsts. Today, OSI Maritime Systems is a leading provider of integrated navigation and tactical solutions designed for naval and maritime security operations. Among those solutions, the company develops and delivers integrated bridge systems for warships, integrated dived navigation systems for submarines, and C2 systems for small craft. Presently, 23 navies totaling more than 600 warships and submarines operate using OSI systems.
Due to the nature of our company, all employees must pass specific security criteria. Only candidates who are Canadian citizens, have PR status or have a citizenship from a NATO country, and who satisfy security clearance criteria, will be considered.
While our offices are conveniently located in Burnaby near Willingdon and Hwy 1, at OSI we take our responsibility to protect our employees very seriously therefore, due to Covid-19, the majority of our employees are working remotely. We will be constantly monitoring Government advice and will take action accordingly.
Recruiting during Covid-19
To protect our employees and candidates we have gone virtual. We reach out by phone and conduct video interviews with the hiring team. We transition from shaking hands to virtual high fives! This shall pass, remember to Be Kind, Be Calm, Be Safe.
We have a Professional Development program in place that supports our employees in their career development by providing funds, time, and opportunities to become better at what they do.
At OSI you can make a difference. We are a change willing organization that is always looking for new ideas. We strive to improve what it is we do and how we do it. If you have ideas we would love to hear about them.
OSI fosters an inclusive and diverse culture. We celebrate our diversity and strive to be more inclusive because it makes us a better company.
We also offer great benefits:
- Extended healthcare
- Dental care
- Group Retirement Savings Plan
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Employee and Family Assistance Program