In 1977, OSI introduced the first generation electronic chart system for the maritime market and revolutionized navigation. Over the years we have had many firsts. Today, OSI Maritime Systems is a leading provider of integrated navigation and tactical solutions designed for naval and maritime security operations. Among those solutions, the company develops and delivers integrated bridge systems for warships, integrated dived navigation systems for submarines, and C2 systems for small craft. Presently, 23 navies totaling more than 600 warships and submarines operate using OSI systems.
Due to the nature of our company, all employees must pass specific security criteria. Only candidates who are Canadian citizens, have PR status or have a citizenship from a NATO country, and who satisfy security clearance criteria, will be considered.
While our offices are conveniently located in Burnaby near Willingdon and Hwy 1, at OSI we take our responsibility to protect our employees very seriously therefore, due to Covid-19, the majority of our employees are working remotely. We will be constantly monitoring Government advice and will take action accordingly.
The Director, Operations will ensure projects are supported to meet customer commitments as a priority. They will accomplish this by bringing together best practice in the key Operations domains (supply chain, logistics, manufacturing, service and support). They will use previous experience to lead, develop and evolve the department to meet the ever-increasing size and complexity of what we deliver. The Operations Department forms a key part of the Systems Delivery Division and pays a central role in supporting the timely delivery of projects to our customers as well as supporting our customers’ systems post-delivery.
The main responsibilities include:
Decision making & authority;
- Provide leadership and direction to the following domains within Operations; Supply Chain, Warehouse and Logistics, Production and manufacturing, Service and Support.
- Provision the services within the sub-departments in direct support of Project Delivery
- Work very closely with the Director, Programs to ensure that Operation’s work flows, processes and procedures fully align with Project delivery priorities
- Provide metrics and indicators for use within the Department, the Division and the wider business.
- Champion and make best use of the company’s ERP (EPICOR).
- Promote and implement best practice for all sub-domain areas within the department.
- Ensure suitably qualified and experienced teams are available to meet the demands of the projects
- Take ownership of the production, warehouse and service areas in the Beta Way facility, liaising with the facilities team for maintenance and improvements purposes.
- Provide a central planning and scheduling function for sub-domains within the department, this includes the reservation and allocation of integration bays within the facility.
- Drive and champion a culture of continuous improvement.
- Act as a member of the Systems Delivery Management Team.
- Build and champion a diverse workforce
- Foster a culture of accountability and achievement
- Authority over all functions within the Operations Department
- Single point accountability for functions within the department
- Decision making authority within the confines of meeting project demands of the Operations Department…
- Applies judgment and makes decisions to solve routine or complex issues
- Signing authority as per the Company’s signing authority matrix
- Expected to understand the Company’s objectives and limitations.
- Within this guideline, the incumbent is granted discretion to negotiate supply agreements, subject only to final approval by executive management.
- Team builder, natural leader, able to form a new department into a cohesive unit that dovetails into the wider systems delivery division
- Must have experienced low volume, high complexity systems manufacture in a leading capacity in either supply chain or manufacturing capacity
- Intimate knowledge of ERPs & MRPs, how they function and how to get the best out of the technology. EPICOR 10 experience a real benefit
- Good understanding of the processes preceding Operations; engineering design functions and how they flow into Operations
- Experienced of Matrix organizations and project centric delivery
- Fiscal accountability, the need to drive value throughout the operation
- The need to drive continuous improvement
- The incumbent is expected to have gained the majority of their experience on one of the sub-domains of the department, likely to have been SCM or Production Engineering.
- 15+ years of relevant experience in production engineering, supply chain or service with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in one of those domains.
- 10+ years of management and leadership experience of diverse teams across multiple domains with ever-increasing responsibility.
- Detailed knowledge of ERP’s and MRPs, EPICOR 10 experience would be an asset.
- Skilled at project management and change management.
- Experience of military supply chains and logistics would be advantageous.
We have a Professional Development program in place that supports our employees in their career development by providing funds, time, and opportunities to become better at what they do.
At OSI you can make a difference. We are a change willing organization that is always looking for new ideas. We strive to improve what it is we do and how we do it. If you have ideas we would love to hear about them.
OSI fosters an inclusive and diverse culture. We celebrate our diversity and strive to be more inclusive because it makes us a better company.
We also offer great benefits:
- Extended healthcare
- Dental care
- Group Retirement Savings Plan
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Employee and Family Assistance Program