In 1977, OSI introduced the first generation electronic chart system for the maritime market and revolutionized navigation. Over the years we have had many firsts. Today, OSI Maritime Systems is a leading provider of integrated navigation and tactical solutions designed for naval and maritime security operations. Among those solutions, the company develops and delivers integrated bridge systems for warships, integrated dived navigation systems for submarines, and C2 systems for small craft. Presently, 23 navies totaling more than 600 warships and submarines operate using OSI systems.
Due to the nature of our company, all employees must pass specific security criteria.
This is a permanent full time position.
The Office Administrator provides general facilities and administrative support to OSI’s UK Office in Waterlooville, aiding in the efficient day-to-day operation of the team and the achievement of business goals.
As a member of the Shared Services team, you will be responsible for providing a high level of support to the UK Technical Support and BD teams including, but not limited to, the following:
KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Provide administrative support and respond to general inquiries and requests for information
- Meet and greet clients, customers and visitors
- Answers incoming calls, from both OSI staff and customers
- Distribute incoming mail in a timely manner; prepare outgoing mail; Orders local courier services
- Maintain office inventory levels and order supplies (this includes office supplies, IT equipment and kitchen supplies) and track against budget
- Ensure that the workplace (including all kitchens, meeting rooms and workshop) is neat and tidy; assist staff with office moves, layouts and desk setups for new hires; maintain paper / ink levels in printers; monitor and report on building maintenance requirements
- Perform routine building maintenance and office tasks, such light bulb replacements
- Assist with all new hire setups and maintain ID badges, office keys and passes
- Act as the local Security Controller, maintaining records of staff security clearances; offsite (MOD) permits and accounting for controlled documentation, maintain the Security Operating Procedures (SOP), apply for and request transfer of Security Clearances for UK personnel, monitor UK personnel security clearances for expiry
- Liaise with Shared Services, Canada, on IT / network issues, performance, and supplies
- Assist senior staff (UK-based Managers and Directors) expense reports, as required
- Organise, schedule and ready boardrooms for meetings as requested; arrange catering when required
- Print and prepare manuals, company brochures and marketing material ahead of trade shows;
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: Some post-secondary education in office services
- Experience: 1 year minimum working in an office environment
- Skills: Strong attention to detail, Excellent interpersonal and telephone abilities ; excellent written and verbal communication; Intermediate to advanced Word and Excel ; detail oriented; excellent judgement, time management and follow through
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Highly organised with the ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Required to deal with frequent interruptions and multiple deliverables
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with employees and visitors at all levels
- Ability to represent oneself in a professional manner in all dealings
- Knowledge of standard office equipment including meeting room audio & visual, printers and & office equipment
- Some knowledge of basic IT setup, minor tasks and local site assistance for networking issues
- May require some lifting of supplies and materials
- Must be able to obtain UK basic security clearance
We have a Professional Development program in place that supports our employees in their career development by providing funds, time, and opportunities to become better at what they do.
At OSI you can make a difference. We are a change willing organization that is always looking for new ideas. We strive to improve what it is we do and how we do it. If you have ideas we would love to hear about them.
OSI fosters an inclusive and diverse culture. We celebrate our diversity and strive to be more inclusive because it makes us a better company.