In 1977, OSI introduced the first generation electronic chart system for the maritime market and revolutionized navigation. Over the years we have had many firsts. Today, OSI Maritime Systems is a leading provider of integrated navigation and tactical solutions designed for naval and maritime security operations. Among those solutions, the company develops and delivers integrated bridge systems for warships, integrated dived navigation systems for submarines, and C2 systems for small craft. Presently, 23 navies totaling more than 600 warships and submarines operate using OSI systems.
Due to the nature of our company, all employees must pass specific security criteria. Only candidates who are Canadian citizens, have PR status or have a citizenship from a NATO country, and who satisfy security clearance criteria, will be considered.
The Software Administrator supports OSI’s software deployment and configuration activities. The Software Administrator’s core responsibility is to ensure the OSI integrated bridge software is configured with project customizations and is ready for deployment in advance of System Integration. This is an entry level position.
- Support the Projects by providing customization expertise on all OSI Software applications
- Grow and maintain an ongoing comprehensive understanding of the product configuration from an operational and technical perspective
- Grow knowledge of the System for the assigned projects to understand the network and configuration needs through reviews of the system design and system interface documents
- Produce generic and project specific configuration documentation (spreadsheets) to assist the long term maintenance of the software
- Fill out licensing request forms and support the production of software licenses
- Produce vessel shape configuration files from ship drawings or schematics using an in house tool
- Write, Run and Maintain PowerShell scripts to automate the remote deployment of the software and configuration for the project
- On occasion travel to ship environments to support configuration and troubleshooting activities
- Troubleshoot, Diagnose and Solve issues with both hardware and software configuration, and capture dump files and logging details from system crashes unrelated to configuration.
- Have strong written communication skills and produce key artifacts for planning, configuration documentation.
- Regularly report status on tasks to the Software Project Support Lead
- Ensure that Company engineering and ISO 9001 procedures and policies are adhered to at all times and all exceptions are immediately reported
Diploma or Degree in Information Technology, or Computer Science.
Experience: Experience in a software and systems projects in engineering is an asset; Knowledge of marine navigation and military concepts is an asset; Experience working in an ISO 9001 compliant software engineering environment is an asset
Skills: Knowledge of system administration, networking and software configuration best practices; Ability to understand and work with complex systems and software; Ability to multi task and to take initiative; Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Demonstrates Professionalism; Ability to learn quickly and work well under pressure in a high paced, challenging environment; Ability to self-manage, prioritizing work, seeing the gaps of work that need to be done with little direction. Knowledge of marine navigation concepts and systems is an asset.
Other: Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance; Ability to travel, and to work on a naval ship or submarine;
We have a Professional Development program in place that supports our employees in their career development by providing funds, time, and opportunities to become better at what they do.
At OSI you can make a difference. We are a change willing organization that is always looking for new ideas. We strive to improve what it is we do and how we do it. If you have ideas we would love to hear about them.
OSI fosters an inclusive and diverse culture. We celebrate our diversity and strive to be more inclusive because it makes us a better company.
We also offer great benefits:
- Extended healthcare
- Dental care
- Group Retirement Savings Plan
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Employee and Family Assistance Program