In 1977, OSI introduced the first generation electronic chart system for the maritime market and revolutionized navigation. Over the years we have had many firsts. Today, OSI Maritime Systems is a leading provider of integrated navigation and tactical solutions designed for naval and maritime security operations. Among those solutions, the company develops and delivers integrated bridge systems for warships, integrated dived navigation systems for submarines, and C2 systems for small craft. Presently, 23 navies totaling more than 600 warships and submarines operate using OSI systems.
Due to the nature of our company, all employees must pass specific security criteria. Only candidates who are Canadian citizens, have PR status or have a citizenship from a NATO country, and who satisfy security clearance criteria, will be considered.
Please submit resume and a copy of your transcripts.
The Mechanical Engineer is part of the engineering team that develops marine navigation and bridge systems for OSI’s government and naval markets that offer market leading performance and reliability, minimize production costs and are maintainable over an extended lifecycle. The Mechanical Engineer 1 assists senior engineers in the design, selection, evaluation and documentation of mechanical components and their interconnection within the bridge systems.
- Assists in performing studies, experiments, research and tests in contributing to the design and development of navigation and bridge system products to established codes, standards, drawings, specifications and customer requirements, for both commercial and military customers
- Contributes to the mechanical design effort based on COTS, military grade products and customized solutions which includes the recommendation of parts and components
- Updates and maintains the Company’s parts database
- Reviews hardware requirements and design documents ensuring the proposed solution meets the stated requirements
- Creates and assists in the creation of mechanical designs and provided information to CAD team members for drawing production
- Reviews designs for adherence to industry and government standards
- Prepares simple written plans, calculations, designs, specifications and material lists
- Assists more senior engineers in carrying out technical tasks requiring accuracy of calculations, completeness of data and adherence to prescribed methods
- Reviews designs to confirm they meet system, customer and budgetary requirements and are compliant to industry and government standards
- Clearly communicates technical and design documentation to other departments
- Executes engineering change request (CRs) as well as providing supporting justification data
- Follows workplace operating and environmental, health and safety procedures and guidelines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Knowledge of mechanical design and design for manufacturing
- Knowledge of vibration, shock, thermal, and structural analysis
- Knowledge of product certification testing to civilian and military standards
- Ability to analyze and recommend solutions for hardware problems
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks and AutoCAD
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite and SharePoint
- Knowledge of peripheral equipment, test, diagnostic and measuring equipment
- Ability to thrive as a member of a Project team
- Organized, able to handle multiple projects and prioritize workload
- Awareness of Shipbuilding codes and standards for example: Lloyds Rules
We have a Professional Development program in place that supports our employees in their career development by providing funds, time, and opportunities to become better at what they do.
At OSI you can make a difference. We are a change willing organization that is always looking for new ideas. We strive to improve what it is we do and how we do it. If you have ideas we would love to hear about them.
OSI fosters an inclusive and diverse culture. We celebrate our diversity and strive to be more inclusive because it makes us a better company.