In 1977, OSI introduced the first generation electronic chart system for the maritime market and revolutionized navigation. Over the years we have had many firsts. Today, OSI Maritime Systems is a leading provider of integrated navigation and tactical solutions designed for naval and maritime security operations. Among those solutions, the company develops and delivers integrated bridge systems for warships, integrated dived navigation systems for submarines, and C2 systems for small craft. Presently, 23 navies totaling more than 600 warships and submarines operate using OSI systems.
Due to the nature of our company, all employees must pass specific security criteria. Only candidates who are Canadian citizens, have PR status or have a citizenship from a NATO country, and who satisfy security clearance criteria, will be considered.
The Systems Engineer 2 is part of the engineering team that develops marine navigation and bridge systems for OSI’s government and naval markets. The Systems Engineer plays a critical role in the development of the overall system requirements’ design and definition for OSI’s complex products. The Systems Engineer will execute various system engineering functions throughout the life cycle of the project. The incumbent has experience in working with various organizations and system components (software engineering, hardware engineering, integration and test, production, manufacturing and logistics).
- Participates in and contributes to technical discussions
- Integrates system components to create total systems
- Attends and participates in customer design reviews and acceptance events
- Assists in creation of integration and acceptance test plans
- Creates, executes, and scores system integration test procedures and acceptance test procedures to verify system requirements and regulatory authority requirements at OSI and customer facilities
- Creates, executes, analyzes results from, and scores longer-term semi- and fully-automated tests
- Checks system integration and acceptance test procedures for adherence to and completeness against system requirements
- Validates component, subsystem, and system functionality
- Verifies and validates Customer, OSI, OEM, supplier, and subcontractor Interface Control Documents
- Limited programming and scripting to assist in the execution of duties
- Initiates and assists in problem identification, reporting, investigation, resolution, and verification
- Provides effort and cost estimates, and identifies technical and schedule risks
- Effectively communicates task and project status on a regular basis to the Engineering Team and to management
- Works in both a team environment and independently with minimum supervision
- Degree in Engineering or Physics or related field or equivalent experience; eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in Canada an asset
- 3 years’ engineering experience, Minimum 2 years’ experience in Systems Engineering; Experience in marine electronics and integrated bridge systems is a significant asset
- Experience in defense or government domain preferably in naval ship sector is a significant asset
- Proven track record in the timely delivery of engineering related projects
- Strong knowledge of marine navigation and tactical sensors or systems
- Excellent knowledge of Systems Engineering principles, standards and best practices
- Working experience in network design and architecture
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with requirements and verification management tools such as DOORS
- Knowledge of safety engineering, network engineering or human factors engineering is an asset
- Eligible to obtain and maintain a location relevant security clearance
- Potential for travel locally, as well as internationally.
We have a Professional Development program in place that supports our employees in their career development by providing funds, time, and opportunities to become better at what they do.
At OSI you can make a difference. We are a change willing organization that is always looking for new ideas. We strive to improve what it is we do and how we do it. If you have ideas we would love to hear about them.
OSI fosters an inclusive and diverse culture. We celebrate our diversity and strive to be more inclusive because it makes us a better company.
We also offer great benefits: extended health and dental plan