In 1977, OSI introduced the first generation electronic chart system for the maritime market and revolutionized navigation. Over the years we have had many firsts. Today, OSI Maritime Systems is a leading provider of integrated navigation and tactical solutions designed for naval and maritime security operations. Among those solutions, the company develops and delivers integrated bridge systems for warships, integrated dived navigation systems for submarines, and C2 systems for small craft. Presently, 23 navies totaling more than 600 warships and submarines operate using OSI systems.
Due to the nature of our company, all employees must pass specific security criteria. Only candidates who are Canadian citizens, have PR status or have a citizenship from a NATO country, and who satisfy security clearance criteria, will be considered.
The Project Accountant is responsible for monitoring and controlling the financial progress of projects and providing project management support over the entire project life cycle (from initiation, planning, execution, control, to closing).
The main responsibilities are:
- Maintains project files and project related records, including contracts and change orders
- Maintains project budgets, providing internal distribution of financial information to evaluate profitability and performance of the project compared to budget
- Investigates project variances, suggests solutions to the Project Management team and prepares variance reports to submit to management
- Assists Project Managers with other reports or documentation as required
- Prepares monthly project revenue, GM and cash flow calculations and analysis
- Prepares invoices related to all billable projects
- Interfaces with customer accounting team members as appropriate.
- Adheres to Operations project schedule for weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting activities
- Education: Accounting designation (CPA) or designation in progress.
- Experience: 3 - 4 years Project Accounting work experience in a Project delivery organization.
- Skills: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; highly accurate; detail and deadline oriented; advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel; ability to multi-task; working knowledge of general accounting software, MAS 500 would be an asset
We have a Professional Development program in place that supports our employees in their career development by providing funds, time, and opportunities to become better at what they do.
At OSI you can make a difference. We are a change willing organization that is always looking for new ideas. We strive to improve what it is we do and how we do it. If you have ideas we would love to hear about them.
OSI fosters an inclusive and diverse culture. We celebrate our diversity and strive to be more inclusive because it makes us a better company.
We also offer great benefits: extended health and dental plan.