In 1977, OSI introduced the first generation electronic chart system for the maritime market and revolutionized navigation. Over the years we have had many firsts. Today, OSI Maritime Systems is a leading provider of integrated navigation and tactical solutions designed for naval and maritime security operations. Among those solutions, the company develops and delivers integrated bridge systems for warships, integrated dived navigation systems for submarines, and C2 systems for small craft. Presently, 23 navies totaling more than 600 warships and submarines operate using OSI systems.
Due to the nature of our company, all employees must pass specific security criteria. Only candidates who are Canadian citizens, have PR status or have a citizenship from a NATO country, and who satisfy security clearance criteria, will be considered.
The Component Engineer is responsible for maintaining OSI’s parts and components in the PDX database and providing parts and components information to internal stakeholders as requested.
The main responsibilities include:
- Generating technical specifications on all Commercial-Off-The-Shelf devices for the product database
- Comparing component specifications, making recommendations for 2nd source qualification
- Component/product functional evaluation and testing
- Ensuring component suitability by creating and reviewing where used reports
- Analyzing End of Life (EOL) and Product Change Notices (PCN) notes, flagging obsolete parts, writing CR/CN’s when required
- Identifying new potential suppliers for components
- Creating new part information data and entry into the OSI database
- Maintaining part information data for existing parts in the OSI database
- Checking components' approval, and certifications
- Recommending risk buying for recent discontinuation or EOL
- Providing product technical support within the OSI organization
- Validating that the product can either be manufactured or purchased
- Classifying the product as per the OSI classification scheme
- Identifying critical components to be monitored for EOL and PCN notices
- Making recommendations on parts to be made obsolete
- Making recommendations for replacements of obsolete parts
- Engineering degree or Technology diploma
- Experience with specifying and sourcing of mechanical, electric and electronic components
- Experience with the application of products and components in marine navigation systems an asset
- Experience reading various IEC/ISO/MIL standards an asset
We have a Professional Development program in place that supports our employees in their career development by providing funds, time, and opportunities to become better at what they do.
At OSI you can make a difference. We are a change willing organization that is always looking for new ideas. We strive to improve what it is we do and how we do it. If you have ideas we would love to hear about them.
OSI fosters an inclusive and diverse culture. We celebrate our diversity and strive to be more inclusive because it makes us a better company.
We also offer great benefits:
- Extended healthcare
- Dental care
- Group Retirement Savings Plan
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Employee and Family Assistance Program