In 1977, OSI introduced the first-generation electronic chart system for the maritime market and revolutionized navigation. Over the years we have had many firsts. Today, OSI Maritime Systems is a leading provider of integrated navigation and tactical solutions designed for naval and maritime security operations. Among those solutions, the company develops and delivers integrated bridge systems for warships, integrated dived navigation systems for submarines, and C2 systems for small craft. Presently, 23 navies totaling more than 600 warships and submarines operate using OSI systems. Our Software Engineering Department is a staff of 40 engineers producing many sophisticated products to meet the end users’ needs. You can find out more on our website at https://osimaritime.com/
We are a small Canadian based company, but we work with some of the largest navies in the world!
OSI works primarily in the military domain, offering unique challenges to integrate with equipment such as RADARs, GPS, AIS, and Sonars, just to name a few. The incumbent must be able to obtain security clearance. Our Engineers have the opportunity to travel around the world performing verification tasks onboard ships and submarines.
The Electrical Engineer is part of the engineering team that develops marine navigation and bridge systems for OSI’s government and naval markets that offer market leading performance and reliability, minimize production costs and are maintainable over an extended lifecycle. The Electrical Engineer designs, selects, evaluates and documents electrical/electronic components and their interconnection within the bridge systems.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field plus 2-4 years of practical electrical engineering experience
• Knowledge of EMI, EMC effects and test procedures
• Working knowledge of digital and analog electrical circuits
• Working knowledge of product certification testing to civilian and military standards
• Proven ability to analyze and solve hardware problems
• Working knowledge of SolidWorks Electrical and AutoCAD
• Familiarity with MS Office Suite and SharePoint
• Knowledge of peripheral equipment, test, diagnostic and measuring equipment
• Ability to thrive as a member of a Project team
• Organized, able to handle multiple projects and prioritize workload
• Knowledge of Shipbuilding codes and standards for example: Lloyds Rules
• Ability to design in a strategic manner taking into consideration reliability, ease of manufacture, and cost
We have a Professional Development program in place that supports our employees in their career development by providing funds, time, and opportunities to become better at what they do.
At OSI you can make a difference. We are a change willing organization that is always looking for new ideas. We strive to improve what it is we do and how we do it. If you have ideas we would love to hear about them.
OSI fosters an inclusive and diverse culture. We celebrate our diversity and strive to be more inclusive because it makes us a better company.
We also offer great benefits: extended health and dental plan