In 1977, OSI introduced the first generation electronic chart system for the maritime market and revolutionized navigation. Over the years we have had many firsts. Today, OSI Maritime Systems is a leading provider of integrated navigation and tactical solutions designed for naval and maritime security operations. Among those solutions, the company develops and delivers integrated bridge systems for warships, integrated dived navigation systems for submarines, and C2 systems for small craft. Presently, 23 navies totaling more than 600 warships and submarines operate using OSI systems.
Due to the nature of our company, all employees must pass specific security criteria. Only candidates who are Canadian citizens, have PR status or have a citizenship from a NATO country, and who satisfy security clearance criteria, will be considered.
The Technical Support Coordinator is a customer facing role, supporting the Technical Support Supervisor with support activities and repair tasks between external Customers and OSI support, and repair resources.
The main responsibilities are:
- Coordination of appropriate support resources to successfully respond to Customer questions and support requests
- Receive, record and coordinate Customer requests for information and technical support
- Generate and maintain records of customer issues and complaints and provide summary and statistical analysis to support progress reviews
- Implementing OSI’s Return Materials Authorization (RMA) process and track items returned for repair to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) when necessary.
- Provide advice to external and internal customers on the functions and processes of OSI’s repair policy
- Provide routine reports on the results of the repair process and recommendations for improving efficiency
- Monitor warranty obligations across multiple projects.
- Produce quotation inputs for RMA and replacement spares by collecting inputs and costing information from Service, Production and cost accountants for submission to Proposals.
- Gather and collate information to support KPI reporting
- Raise, record and distribute Technical Bulletins under direction of the Technical Support Supervisor
- Raise, record and distribute Obsolescence notices when directed by the Obsolescence Management Committee
- May from time to time be called upon to assist with other support related activities are directed by the Technical Support Supervisor or Support Manager.
- Engineering Diploma with a minimum of three years working in Customer Service environment (e.g. help desk support, maintenance planning) which ideally includes systems, hardware, warranty management and software environments as well as the military/defense sector;
- Process oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Some maintenance or repair experience is an asset
- Previous PC repair and maintenance would be an asset.
- Previous Software development experience would be an asset
We have a Professional Development program in place that supports our employees in their career development by providing funds, time, and opportunities to become better at what they do.
At OSI you can make a difference. We are a change willing organization that is always looking for new ideas. We strive to improve what it is we do and how we do it. If you have ideas we would love to hear about them.
OSI fosters an inclusive and diverse culture. We celebrate our diversity and strive to be more inclusive because it makes us a better company.
We also offer great benefits:
- Extended healthcare
- Dental care
- Group Retirement Savings Plan
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Employee and Family Assistance Program